Great Lakes St. Lawrence Trees Initiative
A regional effort with the goal of planting 250 million trees by 2033.
• Trees clean the air by storing carbon and removing other pollutants.
• Trees can save lives by improving cardiovascular health, supporting mental health, and reducing urban heat effects.
• Trees absorb stormwater to help improve the health of streams, lakes and drinking water.
• Trees provide habitat for other plants and wildlife.
• Trees create recreational landscapes, economic benefits and jobs.